Thursday, February 21, 2008

Bad Moon Rising

Bad Moon Rising

The lunar eclipse on 20 Feb 2008 was not a bad moon rising. In usual fashion it is my experience and skills at taking moon images that is bad. Last night I used a Minolta AF 75mm-300mm zoom lens (@300mm) with a Jessop 2X Mx/AF converter. Looking at the camera information--how do we get a 900mm focal length from this combination? And, with this collection of shots last night it crossed my mind about condensation as I moved the camera in and out of the house. Probably not a good move--but the eclipse lasted for hours. It was -14C outside--and slightly warmer in. I decided to stay home and attempt to fight off the city light noise (specifically the street lamp in front of my house) and enjoy a beer during the eclipse. The front porch of my southern Ontario home was where I decided to mount the tripod. Comments always welcome... be brutal.

No comments: